WordPress seems to have a lot of updates. Almost every time I come to write a post (which isn’t as often as it used to be I admit) I’m being told to upgrade. Upgrading isn’t as easy as it should be, so I’ve sometimes been a bit slow to perform upgrades – never a good idea given the security implications that can result.
While looking at this recent upgrade I came across an article explaining how to use SVN to install/upgrade wordpress. Given the advantages this would bring I figured it was worth a try.
The instructions were clear enough and in around 5 minutes I had moved this blog over to using the subversion tag for 2.6 and performed all required database upgrades. Nice and easy!
Hopefully this will lead to me keeping the blog more up to date than it has sometimes been in the past!