Chatting with Theo he suggested that rather than struggle with bison & flex I look at re2c and lemon. A quick web search and there they were! They do look like interesting apps to use and so I’ve installed them on my laptop in preperation for looking at moving butter over to using them for it’s parser while at AC US. Of course I’ve got a small list of other things to look at, but I should find time to get this done.

Fixed a few small bugs in butter as well today, the biggest of which was a problem when using multiple directory levels. It cropped up after I started adding more pieces to the tests directory in an effort to beef up the tests we can run “out of the box” for butter.