I finally got round to upgrading postfix from 2.1.5 to 2.2.3 The biggest change was the introduction of integrated suport for TLS (yay!) although as usual the release has a lot of other things added.

The build was very straightforward and the upgrade almost effortless.

The biggest change was getting SPF support. I had a patch for 2.1.5 but the preferred way seems to be to use a policy script in 2.2 so I’ve added one. It’s the version found on http://spf.pobox.com/downloads.html and it seems to be doing something but I’m not overly convinced it’s working as well as the patch did.

Overall the server seems faster than the previous version and the upgrade only took about 30 minutes!