When I read that the MSn plugin for the im_kit needed a crypto lib other than OpenSSL I was amazed. OpenSSL has become a defacto standard and so not using it looked like insanity. When discussing it I was even more surprised to be told that it hadn’t worked! Peter Moore (hi Peter!) has spent a lot of time and effort getting OpenSSL to work on beos – efforts that have, sadly, gone largely unrecognised. So, I started looking at it tonight and will be trying to get some patches into the OpenSSL tree next week. the good news is it seems to work with only some small patches.

So far I’ve only tackled the small things (configuration etc) and so hopefully while travelling this weekend I’ll manage to get some of the other bits done (dso and so on).

I’ve also managed to get some more small fixes to libpeople done.