After a long period of running out of time, the sight of the moon as we drove home this evening was enough to drive me to change the battery in the LNT module sitting atop my Meade LX90. It didn’t take long and was easier than the instructions had led me to think it would be. The change was followed by some recalibration (as required) and all seemed to work quite well.
The alignment wasn’t perfect, but it was done in a rush and I hope it’ll get better as I’m able to take more time.
I also tried attaching the D300 to the scope. The proved to be a huge improvement over the D70 as the exposure metering works – which proved useful in saving time and wasted images 🙂 Once again, the biggest problem was getting the focus spot on – but that’s something I need to work on.